6. To discuss important developments in our field, I helped plan a Metis Studies Pre-Conference Gathering for the May 2014 Native American and Indigenous Studies Association meeting in Austin.
5. I organized a Metis Studies Scholars Luncheon with Chris Andersen at the Native American and Indigenous Studies Association Annual meeting in Saskatoon, May 2013.
4. In solidarity with Idle No More, I worked with students at Yale and Columbia to organize an Idle No More Teach-In at both universities.
3. At the University of Victoria, I put together the Office of Indigenous Affairs’ Indigenous Graduate Student Research Symposium in February 2012.
2. In the fall of 2012, I developed a series of Indigenous Grad Student Workshops co-organized with Rob Hancock to prepare Indigenous grad students at UVic for funding competitions and the academic job market.
1. In March 2011, I organized the First Annual Indigenous Resurgence Week for the Native Students Union at the University of Victoria.